Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lemon-Poppy Chicken

Another Rachael Ray recipe. I have made this before but I think I prefer the way it turned out when I screwed up on it a few months back. I am not always good at reading directions, especially when entertaining at the same time. And as I am still learning, I thought it told me to add the couscous to the pan the chicken was in. When all the tastes were mixed together and the couscous was lemony and the chicken minty... Mmmm... Otherwise it is still good but I think it really tasted best when all jumbled up and cooked together.

But on the other hand I think I failed bad at another task. Killing bees. Tonight I got all suited up to protect my skin the best I could. See on the far side of the driveway is a retaining wall and yesterday I was cleaning out the weeds in the vines that spill over the wall when I was stung. I stepped back and looked down and sure enough bees were going into a crack in the wall. So today I got the stuff to kill the nest and planned as per my father's instructions to attack the nest once the sun had gone down. Well it went down and as soon as it did I realized I couldn't find the nest! So I guessed. I think I hit the right area but then no bees came swarming out at me! So now I think I must have gotten it wrong. But I used the whole friggin' can practically so I'm going to have to get another can tomorrow. And I will again get dressed up in boots, leather jacket, thick gardening gloves, and scarf around my head and face, and attack it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment